The doodles of a young blogger...

Monday, February 14, 2011

I learnt cycling!

Though my father bought a cycle for me when i was around eight, I was obstinate, scared and unwilling to learn to ride it.
After a year, when my father and mother realized that i would probably never learn to cycle, they gave it away.
I didn't feel bad about it. I actually felt relived.

Around three months ago, my friends and i were having a discussion on what we don't know to do.
I admitted that i don't know to cycle. My friends were prettty shocked and did make fun of me for a while, but let it go later.

This isn't what made me ask my parents for a cycle.

I realized that i am missing something that is really awesome. A form of exercise, a form of commuting and a form of FUN!

I didn't have to beg my my mom or dad. I asked them for a cycle and they bought it for me the next week.

The first two days of my cycle lessons were abysmal. I was a little too scared to actually lift my feet of the ground (this cycle didn't have training wheels).

As the days progressed, so did my cycling abilities.

I diligently worked everyday to get my balance right.
And I finally did get it.

I can now proudly say I KNOW TO CYCLE!!!

I dedicate this post to my mom for trusting me and buying another cycle though i didn't use the first one.
My dad because he encouraged me to learn to ride it.
My domestic help- Suguna aunty who actually TAUGHT me to ride my cycle.
And finally to myself, Who learnt to overcome fear and achieve something.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

cool dee.... from tomm com in cycle to skl dee.. i want to see u drive it

Manasvini said...

@plum My mom won't let me di. :D

Unknown said...

yenna plum?? hw do u knw?

Unknown said...

yenna plum?? hw do u knw?

Unknown said...

awesum manas..!!:)

Anonymous said...

thats osum !! I learnt to ride cycle in UKG and i still remember the reason for what i bought a new cycle in 2nd std. ! once i was riding too fast and i dint see the speed breaker infront of mee.... dishum.... I had jus the cycle's handlebar in my hand...my frndz had a wheel....etc. etc.

Hope u wont meet such things :P

Manasvini said...

@anirudh. Yes, I hope that nothing like that happens to me. =D

Anonymous said...

Exactly WHEN did you learn to cycle? Sorry if I'm being Nosy :P

Manasvini said...

@nivedha: :P, That's okay. I learnt cycling around 2 weeks back. :P

Anonymous said...

Oh. I learnt cycling only last year (without training wheels, that is)!!

Manasvini said...

@nivedha: Most normal people do, But i am known to be abnormal. :P

Anonymous said...

What do most normal people do? I didn't quite get what you're trying to tell me, Manas.

Manasvini said...

most normal people learn to cycle by their 3rd grade. :P

Anonymous said...

:P

Anonymous said...

oh... :P I learnt with training wheels when I was in 2nd and without training wheels last summer!